Science & Health
Curiosity launched on 26 November 2011. After landing on the Red Planet in 2012, it began to churn out discoveries about Mars’ history and present conditions. The mission has now been extended for at least two more years. It will spend the time climbing Mount Sharp on Mars to explore new areas of the planet.
Nov 24, 2016
Researchers reporting in the journal Current Biology have evidence that dogs have the same kind of episodic memory that allows humans to remember and recall events from the past, even when those events didnt hold any particular importance when they occurred. The study found that dogs can recall a persons complex actions even when they dont need to. Researchers used a trick called do as I do; dogs trained to do this watched a person perform an action and then copied it, for example jumping. Next, they trained the dogs to lie down after watching a human action, no matter what it was. After the dogs had learned to lie down, the researchers surprised them by saying Do it and the dogs did. Showing the dogs recalled what theyd seen the person do even though they had no particular reason to think theyd need to remember. This phase showed episodic memory.
Nov 23, 2016
After a Which? survey voted Aldis £9.99 Veuve Monsigny Champagne Brut better than Laurent-Perrier Brut (£38), Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Ponsardin (£35) and Moët and Chandon’s Brut Imperial Champagne (£32.50) IBTimes did a taste test to find out whether price really matters...
Nov 22, 2016
Eye test can help detect early stages of Alzheimer's, diabetic complications and other health conditions: Study
5 hours ago
- Pilots report UFO sighting off Irish coast, probe underway
- Local residents spotted UFO on same day pilots reported flying object sighting in Ireland
- Space to witness ice age due to dropping sunspot activity, warns NASA
- Internet and satellite blackout expected as dangerous solar storm to hit Earth on November 18
- After artificial moon, China develops artificial Sun, and it is hotter than our 'real Sun'