Science & Health
Following President-elect Donald Trumps election-campaign threats that the United States will end its involvement in global climate change programmes, Frances environment minister Ségolène Royal has said this would be absolutely catastrophic and would weaken America. However, she expressed the hope that Trump may not follow through on his campaign promise to an electorate that has not understood that global warming is a reality.
Nov 12, 2016
The first ever Mars show home has opened its doors at Greenwich Observatory in London to give visitors a feel of what life could one day be like...on Mars. The home opens ahead of the premiere of a six-part docu-drama, Mars, based on the book How We’ll Live on Mars by Stephen Petranek. It will launch on Sunday 13 November on National Geographic.
Nov 11, 2016
On 14 November, a mega supermoon will appear in the night sky closer to Earth than it has been at any point in the last 68 years. This close time frame has not been witnessed since 1948 and it won’t happen again until 25 November, 2034.
Nov 10, 2016
At least one person is said to have died when severe flooding hit areas of Johannesburg, South Africa, on 9 November. The suburban ares of Edenvale and Bedfordview were worst affected wth 150 cars damaged on major roads. The video shows flood waters gushing down the street partially submerging a car.
Nov 10, 2016
DUSU fake certificate row: Student union president can't remember his courses in Thiruvalluvar University1 hour ago
- Uttar Pradesh: Girl's father chops off her lover's genitals with pair of scissors
- Amazon-Samara Capital buy Aditya Birla Group's More retail chain for Rs 4,200 crore
- Woman's arm chopped off by father a week after inter-caste marriage in Hyderabad
- Imran pitches for SAARC summit in Pakistan in bid to meet PM Modi
- Russia to bring back to life Woolly Mammoths, many other extinct species in Jurassic Park-styled enclosure
- Not alone but planning to take 8 artists with me to moon, says Japanese billionaire
- What is Nuclear Pasta? Strongest material in the universe could be found in dead stars
- Elon Musk shows off updated Big 'Falcon' Rocket: All you need to know
- Obesity and vitamin D deficiency linked to higher risk of breast cancer, reveals study