Science & Health
Woman's sincere and heartbreaking description of how 'depression isn't beautiful' goes viral on Facebook
A scientist from the University of Tasmania has captured rare footage of dragon-skin ice on an expedition to the Antarctic. Institute of Marine and Antarctic Studies (IMAS) researcher Guy Williams drone video shows the rippled edges of the sea ice, which were formed by hurricane force winds. Williams witnessed the icy phenomenon on an expedition to the Ross Sea in western Antarctica.
May 11, 2017
Greig Trout is the founder of 101 Things to do When you Survive, an anti-bucket list list that saw him travel the world. Trout isnt someone you would meet now and realise that he has once suffered severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Trout is a double cancer survivor, first diagnosed at just aged seven with a stage 4 Wilms tumour, and again at aged 30 but this time with stage 2 bowel cancer. Although he fully recovered from both cancers the psychological effects and fear of the cancer returning were what really took their toll. He spoke to IBTimes UK on Mental Health Awarness Week about his experience.
May 9, 2017
- Asteroid Apophis will unleash chaos on Earth on this day and in this place, conspiracy theorist predicts
- Why women dining after 6 pm risk heart disease? Study reveals
- Japan's asteroid probe heading back to earth, could hold keys of solar system formation
- How Artificial Intelligence is going to monitor patients' mental health
- SpaceX launches 60 'Starlink' satellites for cheaper global Internet