Science & Health
A jet stream within the Earths molten iron core has been discovered by scientists using the latest satellite data that helps create an X-ray view of the planet. Because of the cores location under 3,000 kilometres of rock, for many years scientists have studied the Earths core by measuring the planets magnetic field – one of the few options available.The first clip shows the evolution of the magnetic field at the edge of the Earths core from 1999-2016, with the second showing changes in magnetic field at the edge of the Earths core 1590-1990.
Dec 19, 2016
Henry Heimlich, creator of the Heimlich manoeuvre dies aged 96; here's a step-by-step guide to the life-saving move
- Bitcoin scam: ED attaches Rs 42.88 crore worth properties owned by Amit Bhardwaj
- Amid Rafale spat, Dassault Aviation confirms Anil Ambani was its first choice
- India, Australia attempt to rescue Navy commander stranded in ocean storm
- End of American dream for Indian spouses? Trump admin likely to revoke H-4 visas within 3 months
- New blood test can detect autism risk for pregnant mothers
- In a first, US researchers discover new genetic disorder in human patient
- Russia to bring back to life Woolly Mammoths, many other extinct species in Jurassic Park-styled enclosure
- Not alone but planning to take 8 artists with me to moon, says Japanese billionaire
- Is global warming making tropical storms such as Florence more devastating?