Science & Health
â€œSlow danceâ€ is a picture frame that makes real objects appear to move in slow motion. By taking advantage of the limits of human visual perception, this optical illusion sculpture appears to be make objects move in slow motion. Created by Jeff Lieberman, a designer and engineer, the frame is available on Kickstarter.
Sep 4, 2016
A huge ice volcano has been discovered on Ceres, the dwarf planet that sits between Mars and Jupiter. Using imaging data from Nasaâ€™s Dawn spacecraft, a team of scientists say they have found a 4km high cryovolcano formation, which has been dubbed Ahuna Mons.
Sep 1, 2016
Michelangelo secretly painted symbols of the female anatomy on the Sistine Chapel, according to a team of researchers that used imaging software to analyse the ceiling. A team led by Deives de Campos of the UFCSPA in Brazil claims there are several representations of female anatomy. They think Michelangelo did this to spite the church as they ignored the female image and also banned human dissection for study.
Sep 1, 2016
- "What's the problem if a widow gets remarried?" says Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
- Netflix dismissed chief PR officer Jonathan Friedland for using N-word
- England v Panama live stream: Watch Fifa World Cup 2018 Group G match live on TV, online
- Kolkata stares at Delhi-like water crisis as groundwater levels deplete at alarming rate
- Final images and videos from the Rosetta mission show what it is like to crash on a comet
- Blood Moon: July 27 total lunar eclipse will be the longest one of the 21st century
- City Killers? NASA gears up as more than a million asteroids pose threat to Earth
- How cancer progresses? New tech can map it real-time
- Construction workers continue to fix Delaware Aqueduct leak to save NYC from water deficiency