Conservative Party members have gathered in Birmingham for their annual autumn conference, which is Theresa Mays first as leader and prime minister. The UK will ignore pessimists and push on with its plans to the European Union to unlock and outward facing Global Britain, Theresa May declared to the Conservative Party conference in Birmingham today (2 October).
Oct 2, 2016
British Prime Minister Theresa May has announced that negotiations for the UK to leave the European Union will begin by March 2017.May announced that she will trigger Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, which will begin the two-year process of negotiating the UKs withdrawal from the economic alliance, on the BBCs The Andrew Marr show on Sunday (2 October).
Oct 2, 2016
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana: Govt wants Telangana to return Rs 190 cr after it fails to meet PM's housing targets
- #MeToo: MJ Akbar returns to India; will issue statement on sexual harassment allegations
- Rafale deal row: Modi govt 'insulted, hurt and destroyed' future of HAL, says Rahul Gandhi
- ICC keen on curbing players' participation in T20 leagues to keep bilateral series alive
- #MeToo: I was stripped at 7, gang-raped at 12, tasted my own blood performing oral sex, reveals Harish Iyer
- Uttar Pradesh: Girl raped in hospital by ward boy on pretext of running medical tests
- US immigration body faces lawsuit over short-duration H-1B visas, some as less as 12 days
- India leads the world with #MeToo mentions overtaking US, finds new study
- Gurugram shooter attacked judge's wife and son on refusal to visit his sick daughter