New Delhi, Dec 02 (ANI): A new study has revealed that eating one table spoon of yoghurt can dramatically cut your chances of getting diabetes. According to the research daily tablespoon of yoghurt reduces the risk of getting type 2 diabetes. Dairy foods such as such as milk and cheese which people eat in general may not cut down the risk of developing diabetes but there may be a link between yoghurt and a lower risk of Type 2 diabetes, study suggested.Consistent findings for yoghurt suggest that it can be incorporated into a healthy dietary pattern.
Dec 2, 2014
New Delhi, Nov 28 (ANI) : A new study has found that the compounds, which are responsible for the bitter taste in cucumbers, may be able to treat cancer and diabetes. According to the researchers of University of California the bitter flavor in wild cucurbits-the family that includes cucumber, pumpkin, melon, watermelon and squash-is due to compounds called cucurbitacins.The fruit and leaves of wild cucurbits have been used in Indian and Chinese medicine for thousands of years, as emetics and purgatives and to treat liver disease. More recently, researchers have shown that cucurbitacins could kill or suppress growth of cancer cells.
Nov 29, 2014
- Fuel theft causes pipeline explosion in Mexico; 20 killed, 60 injured
- J&K: Security concerns grow as militants carry out grenade attack near Lal Chowk
- Sensex weekly gain at 378 pts; Reliance up 4.5% on day, Sun Pharma down 9%
- Casteism forces 17-year-old boy to carry his mother's body on cycle for 5kms in Odisha [VIDEO]
- Hormone-eating macrophages behind high blood pressure, finds new study
- Aliens waiting for humans in interstellar space? Harvard researcher claims so
- China's Chang'e-4 sprouts cotton plant on Moon, and now its dead
- Existence of alien life is something we can never cover up, says NASA official
- Khardung La avalanche: 4 killed, 7 trapped under snow in Ladakh