Chana dal - 1 cup
Salt to taste
A litttle Water (If required)
Oil for frying
Oil - 1 tbsp
Onion - 3 chopped
Green chilli - 2 thinly sliced
Fennel seeds- 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon stick, Cloves,
Bay leaf & Cardamom
Garlic - 6 to 7 cloves chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Sambar powder - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
A few Chopped Coriander leaves
A few Curry leaves
1. Soak the Channa dal for 3 hours & drain the water.
2. In a mixer jar add soaked channa dal, salt, a little water & grind into a coarse mixture.
3. Flatten coarse mixture & deep fry it & keep aside.
4. Next step is making the curry, In a deep pan add oil, cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leaf, cardamom, fennel seeds, onion, green chilli, garlic, curry leaves & saute it for a few minutes.
5. Add turmeric powder, sambar powder, salt & mix it.
6. Now its time to add fried vada by breaking it. Pour enough water & cook it for about 15 to 20 minutes in a medium flame.
7. Boil until the vadas gets soft and gets absorbed well in the gravy. Stir in such a way to mash it if needed to get a thick curry. Garnish with coriander leaves and curry leaves.
8. If you like a gravy consistency don't reduce it too much you can turn off the stove in that point. The healthier option is steamed the vada inst
Dec 11, 2014
New Delhi, Dec 08 (ANI): Natural substance found in red wine, Resveratrol, inhibits the formation of inflammatory factors that generates cardiovascular diseases. Resveratrol, present in red wine, has a protective effect against heart diseases. Cardiovascular disorders, such as myocardial infarction and strokes, frequently occur in association with chronic inflammatory diseases, such as arthritis. The natural substance resveratrol thus has major therapeutic potential, particularly when it comes to the treatment of inflammatory diseases that can cause serious damage to the cardiovascular system.
Dec 8, 2014
- WATCH | Throwback: Shah Rukh Khan loses his cool, yells at Chandan Prabhakar on Kapil's show
- Bigil box office collection: Vijay's film unlikely to find place in top 5 grossing-films in Chennai
- Huawei Watch GT 2 price in India starts at Rs 14,990: Top features, offers, availability
- As US military completes pullback from Syria, Pentagon denies sending troops to Mideast
- All you need to know about the engineer who found Vikram lander debris in NASA images
- 'Were they debris of Indian moon lander Vikram?' questions ISRO
- As sea engulfs coastline, Indonesians pay high price to shield homes
- Climate change reaching 'point of no return': UN chief
- Scientists unveil real reason behind the extinction of Neanderthal