Australian Formula One driver Daniel Ricciardo said on 16 March that reigning constructors champions Mercedes are favourites to win this season. Mercedes are the clear favourite of the bookies to win a third successive title when the 2016 season begins with the Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park on 20 March. Finishing eighth overall in last years drivers championship with only two podiums and no race wins, Ricciardo was upbeat when asked about his pre-season preparations with Red Bull.
Mar 16, 2016
Formula One is assured of novelty this season, with fresh faces and a record 21 races including the first in Azerbaijan, even if Lewis Hamilton becomes a four-times world champion with Mercedes. Speaking during a Mercedes event in Fellbach near Stuttgart on 11 March, Hamilton said he was excited to go back to competition. Testing is not competition.
Mar 12, 2016
Williams F1 drivers Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas are confident they can mount a serious challenge to Ferrari and Mercedes in 2016. Williams havent repeated the glory years of the 1980s and 1990s when they won nine constructors championships and seven world titles, but they have been on an upward curve recently. Valtteri Bottas finished fifth and Felipe Massa sixth in the standings as Williams ended the season in a comfortable third place in the constructors.
Mar 12, 2016
Renault Sport managing director Cyril Abiteboul said on 1 March that the French carmaker knows what it takes to be successful as they return to the Formula 1 starting grid as a constructor. Renault bought back Lotus F1, which they had sold at the end of 2009 after winning championships with Spaniard Fernando Alonso in 2005 and 2006, last December. They will now compete under the Renault Sport Formula One name, with Renault branding prominent, along with that of the Infiniti luxury marque, which is part of the Renault-Nissan alliance.
Mar 2, 2016
Lewis Hamilton said that Mercedes were working harder than ever to ensure they maintain the advantage over their rivals in Formula One. Hamilton, who was speaking at the Mobile World Live in Barcelona on 23 February, has won the last two F1 world championships while Mercedes have won the last two constructors championships.
Feb 24, 2016
Red Bull unveiled a new look for a new era on 17 February, but lead driver Daniel Ricciardo wasnt entirely optimistic about his teams chances in the upcoming season as Australian gears up for the start of the Formula One season in Melbourne next month. Red Bull finished fourth overall in the constructorsâ€™ championship last year, with no race victories.
Feb 18, 2016
- You can no longer book Uber from Google Maps on Android for reasons unknown
- Good riddance to bad alliance in Jammu & Kashmir; BJP failed the state and country
- Actress Heather Locklear hospitalised after family raised concerns about behaviour
- Reliance Jio 5G trial begins: Can it repeat 4G success in India?
- Fifa World Cup 2018: Egypt vs Russia live stream, TV guide and team news
- Wife says no to Mexican man's World Cup trip, friends take life-size cut-out to Russia
- Fifa World Cup 2018: Watch viral video of Malayalam commentator describing Cristiano Ronaldo's free-kick
- Ambati Rayudu dropped from England ODIs after failing yo-yo fitness test
- World Cup for the underdogs: Twitter reacts as Japan stun Colombia to clinch historic win in Russia