Science & Health
Nine sea lion cubs have been released into the wild in Peru. The cubs had lost their mothers after local fishermen killed more than 70 adult South American female sea lions.They subsequently left 50 orphaned sea lion babies to fend for themselves. Peruvian NGO ORCA managed to rescue 30 of them.The number of sea lions have dwindled due to overfishing, the use of nets and dynamite.
Oct 15, 2016
Nearly 200 countries have agreed to limit the use of hydrofluorocarbons (HFC).This type of greenhouse gas is used in refrigerators and air conditioners.Countries are divided into three groups with different deadlines to reduce the use of HFC.These gasses are 10,000 times more powerful than carbon dioxide.Europe and the US committed to a reduction of 10% by 2019 and 85% by 2036.
Oct 15, 2016
Hurricane Matthew: Fox criticised for forecasting 'storm will kill you;' hurricane grades down to Category 3
Drone footage shows dramatic pictures of Lastarria, a stratovolcano along the border of Argentina and Chile. It is noted for its molten sulphur lava flows and a debris avalanche. The footage shows its fumarole openings emitting gas and the surrounding rugged landscape.The volcano, also known as Azufre, is part of the Lazufre volcanic system.
Oct 6, 2016
Photos of unbelievable rock formations and landforms on Earth that will make you reach for textbooks
India pledges to cut greenhouse gas emission by ratifying Paris climate treaty; US, UN laud decision
2 hours ago
- Fifa World Cup 2018 live stream: Watch Japan, Poland Group H matches on TV, online
- Royal family upset with Meghan Markle over her father's surprise interview?
- "What's the problem if a widow gets remarried?" says Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
- Netflix dismissed chief PR officer Jonathan Friedland for using N-word
- Final images and videos from the Rosetta mission show what it is like to crash on a comet
- Blood Moon: July 27 total lunar eclipse will be the longest one of the 21st century
- City Killers? NASA gears up as more than a million asteroids pose threat to Earth
- Are we the only intelligent species in observable universe? Possibly, says new research
- How cancer progresses? New tech can map it real-time