Science & Health
Towns along the Queensland coast in Australia have been hit hard as Cyclone Debbie made landfall between Airlie Beach and Bowen at around 2am GMT on Tuesday (March 28). The Insurance Council of Australia has declared the cyclone a catastrophe as powerful gale-force winds and flooding prompted authorities to evacuate around 30,000 people.
Mar 28, 2017
UP meat-sellers' strike: Crackdown on illegal, mechanised abattoirs affects livelihood of over 25 lakh people
Yellow fever, a virus carried by mosquitoes and endemic to Africa and South America, has killed thousands of brown howler monkeys since late 2016 in Brazil. Scientists are now ready to census the monkeys that remain at a reserve near the city of Caratinga to see how they can be better protected.
Mar 23, 2017
A British cruise ship ran aground and damaged a coral reef near the Raja Ampat island in western Indonesia on 4 March. The 4,290-tonne Caledonian Sky, owned by Noble Caledonia, caused more than 17,000 square feet of damage. The reef is one of the world’s most diverse marine environments.
Mar 15, 2017
- All you need to know about the engineer who found Vikram lander debris in NASA images
- Vaping leaves e-cigarette user with rare lung scarring: Study
- One-third of lung cancer patients have depression: Study
- Life-threatening bacteria found in Make-up products: Study
- As sea engulfs coastline, Indonesians pay high price to shield homes