Science & Health
9,000 Uddanam residents diagnosed with kidney diseases due to groundwater poisoning. Here are four other prominent cases
BBMP wants to cut 112 trees to widen Jayamahal Main Road in Bengaluru; here's how you can save the green
Scattered debris found near the Great Barrier Reef are the remains of a huge ancient underwater landslide stretching for 20km and measuring 8km wide.
Feb 8, 2017
The European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites has produced an animation that summarises the status of sea ice concentration in the Arctic and Antarctic regions over the whole year.The group published the animation amid reports of how the ice levels at the polar caps are at a low. It cited a report stating the Arctic low ice level is due to global warming and unusual weather events while Antarctica’s low is due to a natural variability. In the animation above you can see how Arctic and Antarctic sea ice extent changed during the year.
Jan 31, 2017
'Rogue NASA' Twitter account is fighting against US President Donald Trump's climate change policies, but who's behind it?
We can expect to see the majority of primate species driven towards extinction in the next 25-50 years, a group of 31 leading primatologists has said.
Jan 19, 2017
- World's first pig-monkey hybrids created by scientists: Check here
- Kids born through C-sections not at higher obesity risk; here's why
- Life-threatening bacteria found in Make-up products: Study
- 'Were they debris of Indian moon lander Vikram?' questions ISRO
- All you need to know about the engineer who found Vikram lander debris in NASA images