Science & Health
Cyclone Nada hits Tamil Nadu: Navy, NDRF teams deployed, other relief measures in place to ensure minimal damage
The MEL Chemistry boxes let you experiment with simple chemical reactions.The sets are meant to excite children about chemistry.Using a pile of sugar and baking soda, children can create a burning sugar snake.Having mixed baking soda (NaHCO3 ) and sugar to a ratio of 4:1, the powder can then be set alight using solid fuel.The snake starts to grow and, in some cases, can get up to 50cm long.
Nov 28, 2016
In 2015, a 225-square-mile iceberg broke off of the Pine Island Glacier in Antarctica, and researchers at The Ohio State University have discovered that the event was no ordinary breakup. The culprit: a deep subsurface rift that cracked through the ice nearly 20 miles inland – a sign that the largest ice reserve in the world may be melting sooner rather than later.
Nov 28, 2016
One Nation leader and right-wing populist Pauline Hanson has been slammed by conservationists for taking media to a healthy section of Queensland’s Great Barrier Reef, while denying the effects of climate change.
Nov 27, 2016
Raging wildfires have been spreading across many parts of Israel fanned by unusually strong easterly winds. It is feared that more than 2,000 acres of land has been affected by the fires, which has also forced nearly 80,000 people to flee their homes in Haifa. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has suggested arsonists to be involved in the incident and has called for foreign help.
Nov 25, 2016
9 hours ago
- Princess Diana's never-seen-before handwritten letter reveals her love for chocolate before her battle with bulimia
- Fifa World Cup: Iranian women the real winners as decades-old stadium ban lifted for Spain tie
- Germany fan designs flag with bras and panties to inspire Joachim Low's World Cup team in Russia
- Chhattisgarh: Man rapes, murders his four-year-old granddaughter, held
- NASA accidentally exposed life on Mars? Bizarre alien figure spotted in shocking clip
- Addiction explained: Here's why the brain chooses alcohol over healthier alternatives
- Japan's Hayabusa2 mission to return a sample of an asteroid has almost reached its target
- Summer Solstice 2018: Longest day of the year - why it happens, what you need to know
- Scientists discover over 100 planets with possible habitable exomoons