Science & Health
Scattered debris found near the Great Barrier Reef are the remains of a huge ancient underwater landslide stretching for 20km and measuring 8km wide.
Feb 8, 2017
The European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites has produced an animation that summarises the status of sea ice concentration in the Arctic and Antarctic regions over the whole year.The group published the animation amid reports of how the ice levels at the polar caps are at a low. It cited a report stating the Arctic low ice level is due to global warming and unusual weather events while Antarctica’s low is due to a natural variability. In the animation above you can see how Arctic and Antarctic sea ice extent changed during the year.
Jan 31, 2017
'Rogue NASA' Twitter account is fighting against US President Donald Trump's climate change policies, but who's behind it?
We can expect to see the majority of primate species driven towards extinction in the next 25-50 years, a group of 31 leading primatologists has said.
Jan 19, 2017
9 hours ago
- Princess Diana's never-seen-before handwritten letter reveals her love for chocolate before her battle with bulimia
- Fifa World Cup: Iranian women the real winners as decades-old stadium ban lifted for Spain tie
- Germany fan designs flag with bras and panties to inspire Joachim Low's World Cup team in Russia
- Chhattisgarh: Man rapes, murders his four-year-old granddaughter, held
- NASA accidentally exposed life on Mars? Bizarre alien figure spotted in shocking clip
- Addiction explained: Here's why the brain chooses alcohol over healthier alternatives
- Japan's Hayabusa2 mission to return a sample of an asteroid has almost reached its target
- Summer Solstice 2018: Longest day of the year - why it happens, what you need to know
- Scientists discover over 100 planets with possible habitable exomoons