Over the weeks covered by the NASA study, carbon monoxide clouds that are high in the atmosphere is seen gradually drifting east. One branch is seen moving south toward Texas and the one branching off north east.
1 day ago
Science & Health
NZ Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and Associate Environment Minister Eugenie Sage plan to phase out plastic bags in the country over the next year. It will be implemented gradually to allow people to adjust to the changes.
7 days ago
Using aerosols to cool down the planet could help food crops escape the heat, but it would also cut off sunlight.
7 days ago
The Ocean Cleanup wants to clear the largest garbage in the ocean by 2040.
11 days ago
Banak, a town off the northern coast of Norway sits over 563 km above the bottom edge of the Arctic Circle and it was 32 C there this week. Towns further up north than Banak experienced 29C to 30C peak temperatures this week.
14 days ago
Reports suggest that the hole is about 32 metres wide and over 50 metres deep that could have easily swallowed a 15-storey building in city.
17 days ago
Massive sinkhole abruptly appears in Russian field, could have easily swallowed 15-storey building in city
Strange Dolphin-Whale hybrid species spotted near Hawaii, confirmed 'Steno bredanesis' in IUCN Redlist
- What is 'OMG' particle? High energy cosmic rays that travel almost at the speed of light
- Earth's first rocks were likely made by meteors crashing into the planet billions of years ago
- NASA warns: Carbon monoxide clouds from California wildfires spreading throughout US
- Opportunity rover on Mars lost forever? Not waking up after put to sleep during storm
- Chinese space agency gears up to launch rover to unexplored parts of moon