Science & Health
Current estimates show that at least 8 million pieces of plastic are entering the oceans every single day, and if left unchecked plastic will outweigh fish by 2050. Here are some shocking figures on how plastic pollution is affecting our oceans and our underwater wildlife.
Apr 9, 2018
Glaciers, 4 times the size of Manhattan is being lost to sea, pushing back grounding lines by 300 to 400 meters every year.
Apr 3, 2018
The Great Pacific Garbage Patch, which lies halfway between California and Hawaii, is comprised of around 80 million kg of litter, 99% of which is made up of plastic.
Mar 23, 2018
A report by the U.N.s World Meteorological Organization says the last three years have been the hottest on record, and man-made global warming will continue to cause extreme weather events.
Mar 23, 2018
9 hours ago
- Princess Diana's never-seen-before handwritten letter reveals her love for chocolate before her battle with bulimia
- Fifa World Cup: Iranian women the real winners as decades-old stadium ban lifted for Spain tie
- Germany fan designs flag with bras and panties to inspire Joachim Low's World Cup team in Russia
- Chhattisgarh: Man rapes, murders his four-year-old granddaughter, held
- NASA accidentally exposed life on Mars? Bizarre alien figure spotted in shocking clip
- Addiction explained: Here's why the brain chooses alcohol over healthier alternatives
- Summer Solstice 2018: Longest day of the year - why it happens, what you need to know
- A new type of photosynthesis that works in low light could pave the way for energy on Mars
- Scientists discover over 100 planets with possible habitable exomoons