Science & Health
Storm Eleanor has caused flooding and disruption with heavy rainfall and winds of up to 130 km/hour.
Jan 3, 2018
The arctic cold has hit much of the central and eastern United States, where sub zero wind chills and record low temperatures are having extreme environmental effects. Sharks have washed up frozen on the beach, Niagara Falls is partially frozen and over 11 deaths have been attributed to the cold weather.
Jan 4, 2018
Tattoos for plants: Graphene-based wearable sensors to help make better measurements of water use in crops
Earth getting squashed due to climate change as meltwater from ice sheets make oceans heavier: Study
North Korea celebrated the New Year with a firework display on 1 January in Pyongyang. An ice sculpture festival started off the celebrations with a replica of the countries new intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), Hwasong-15. Tensions have been rising over North Koreas nuclear and missile programs, which Pyongyang continues to pursue in defiance of U.N. Security Council resolutions.
Jan 2, 2018
This video shows the famous Niagara Falls covered in ice and snow.
Dec 29, 2017
Real life Jurassic Park in China? Dozens of well-preserved dinosaur eggs from 130 million years ago discovered
Rare intersex shark, first of its species, with male and female sexual organs discovered off Taiwan coast
1 day ago
- After Loch Ness, another Bigfoot shot dead in Montana? DNA test on to find out
- Are aliens secretly implanting humans to control the mind?
- SpaceX wants to build underground Boring Company tunnels in Mars for human habitation
- Sleeping through weekends could help you avoid an early death, keep you healthy
- Time travel path? Interdimensional portal opens up in Scotland skies, baffles many