Evening wrap: Army foils infiltration bid, strong aftershocks to NZ quake, Supermoon details and more
The Vietnam authorities have destroyed 2,177.5 kg of elephant ivory and 70.1 kg of rhinoceros horns. It is the first time it has taken such action, intended to demonstrate its commitment to wildlife protection.Vietnam is one of the largest consumer markets for rhino horn and a key transit point for smugglers transporting ivory to China.Around 330 African elephants and 23 rhinos were killed to make the destroyed haul, which has an estimated black market value of more than $7 million.
Nov 12, 2016
The grim reality of a British prison service nearing collapse under a record number of prisoners.
Nov 10, 2016
- NPR Shocker: Central Bank of India customers withdrew Rs 4.5 crore within days
- Republic Day 2020: Wishes, quotes, messages to share with your loved ones
- Coronavirus tracker: This online tool lets you monitor deadly disease widespread
- J&K Tral encounter: 1 Jawan injured; top Jaish commander among 3 trapped terrorists
- Republic Day parade 2020: DRDO to showcase anti-satellite missile system