Elliot Nash, 32, has been imprisoned for verbally abusing and physically assaulting rail staff, all because he didnt want to pay a £2 fare. He told London Midland revenue protection managers to f**k off” and that he was not going to buy a ticket, before threatening to knock them out on the journey between Kings Norton and Northfield on 11 November 2016. The shocking rant, caught on one of the manager’s body worn video, then turned violent when Nash pushed and kicked one of her colleagues.Police were called and officers identified Nash from the footage, arresting him at his Northfield home just two hours later. He was later charged with common assault and two public order offences against both staff and members of the public. Nash, of Chatham Road, pleaded guilty and on 19 January he was jailed for 15 weeks at Birmingham Magistrates’ Court.Despite the overwhelming evidence against him, Nash had the audacity to deny the offences initially, only changing his plea when the case went to trial.
Feb 6, 2017
Police are asking Londoners to hand in firearms and imitation weapons during a two-week firearms surrender campaign, launched by the Metropolitan Police Service this Monday, 23 November. The surrender will run between 07:00 hours on 23 November and 23:00 hours on Sunday, 6 December and will give Londoners the opportunity to safely dispose of firearms, imitation weapons or ammunition, by taking them to a local 24-hour police station and handing them in. During this two-week period, people surrendering firearms may not face prosecution for illegal possession and can remain anonymous. Each live weapon handed in will be assessed by firearms officers, with some weapons being forensically checked for evidence.
Feb 6, 2017
Delhi shootout: Police arrest gangster after gunfight near Nehru Place Metro station; situation tense
Madhya Pradesh: Police stumble upon serial killer in Bhopal while looking to solve disappearance case
A Russian drug addict has been arrested after taking a 13-year-old girl and her grandmother hostage in search for drugs. A police video shows the man holding the girl at knife-point before being ambushed.
Feb 3, 2017
Madhya Pradesh: Section 144 imposed in Harda after class 11 student commits suicide over sexual harassment
Accident victims bleed to death on roads: Insensitive onlookers or unawareness about the Good Samaritan Law?
1 hour ago
- After Nokia X6, HMD Global confirms to bring Nokia X5 global variant soon
- Reason why Sri Reddy chose casting couch when she could've easily refused
- Most expensive BMW Motorrad bike HP4 Race launched in India at Rs 85 lakh
- Hrithik Roshan amazed by Sonali Bendre's emotional post on telling son about her cancer
- After saying women shouldn't pluck and shape eyebrows, Darul Uloom issues fatwa against waxing and shaving
- GST Council cuts rate on over 50 products; relief for traders and consumers
- A town in Pakistan that does not vote; here's why citizens of Rabwah are forced to abstain
- What is Meghalayan Age? Know about the new discovery in Earth's history
- Nawaz Sharif's key party member Hanif Abbasi handed life imprisonment in ephedrine quota case