Liberia was declared free of the Ebola virus by global health experts on 14 January, a milestone that signalled an end to an epidemic in West Africa that has killed more than 11,300 people. But the World Health Organization (WHO) warned there could still be flare-ups of the disease in the region, which has suffered the worlds deadliest outbreak over the past two years, as survivors can carry the virus for many months and could pass it on. Health specialists cautioned against complacency, saying the world was still underprepared for any future outbreaks of the disease.
Jan 14, 2016
- Mukesh Ambani to foray into aviation sector? May buy stake in Jet, bailout Maharaja
- Anil Ambani's RCom in limbo as deal with Mukesh's Jio snaps; court cases drag on
- Reliance Retail bid for UK-based Chinese toy chain Hamleys to help global foray
- SpiceJet to give hiring preference to employees of Jet Airways: Chairman
- Is Air India skidding down the same road that Jet and Kingfisher took?