EDITORS' NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS CONVERTED 4:3 MATERIALS (SOUNDBITE) (English) REUTERS REPORTER, PAMELA AMBLER, SAYING: "India unveils a budget Saturday (FEB 28), and it's not just any budget."
Feb 27, 2015
New Delhi, Feb 26 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 261.34 points down to stand at 28,746.65. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 83.40 points down to stand at 8,683.85. NTPC and CENTURYTEX were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 4.90 % and 3.43 % along with TATA ELXSI LTD. and PEL with an increase of 3.36% and 2.86% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include UNIONBANK and SIEMENS with a decrease of 4.63% and 4.35% along with PIPAVAVDOC and RASOYPR with a decrease of 4.22% and 4.08% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 280.32 points at 19,352.50 while the banking sector is down 198.72 points at 21,276.69 and the reality sector is up at 5.81 points at 1,763.56. The Indian currency is down 0.27% at Rs 61.80 per dollar.
Feb 26, 2015
- DUSU fake certificate row: Student union president can't remember his courses in Thiruvalluvar University
- Uttar Pradesh: Girl's father chops off her lover's genitals with pair of scissors
- Woman's arm chopped off by father a week after inter-caste marriage in Hyderabad
- Imran pitches for SAARC summit in Pakistan in bid to meet PM Modi
- Mega bank merger infuses job loss fears
- Bengaluru pips Singapore as top destination for tech companies, startups in Asia
- Increase in interest rates for small saving schemes; investors breathe a sigh of relief
- Jet Airways to end free meal service for economy class passenger from September 25
- Facebook gets sued for hiding job ads from women