SeaWorld announced plans on Monday (9 November) to phase out the signature orca whale show at its San Diego park next year, after long-running criticism of its treatment of the captive marine mammals. The move, which follows a vote by the California Coastal Commission last month barring the park from continuing to breed killer whales, or orcas, in captivity, was announced during a webcast company presentation to investors and the media.
Nov 10, 2015
- Government not to sell Air India, if bids are below minimum floor price: Official
- Sensex falls; Karnataka political situation unnerves market
- Madras High Court halts expansion of Vedanta's copper smelter after protest killings
- India's rank in global competitiveness improves – by one notch; USA returns to top spot
- Top executives at fraud-hit PNB misled RBI, CBI alleges