Retailers and housebuilders have been hit hard by the failing pound against the US dollar and the Euro.
Nov 2, 2016
In October, a London tribunal ruled that Uber drivers are entitled to basic work benefits such as sick pay and holidays. The move has widely been viewed as a landmark ruling, and the first major challenge to the emerging gig economy in the UK. Uber argue that all their drivers are in fact self-employed, but workers and some unions dispute this, and say the company is trying to avoid paying out costly benefits. Uber currently has 40,000 drivers working in London.
Nov 1, 2016
- Anil Ambani's RCom in limbo as deal with Mukesh's Jio snaps; court cases drag on
- Mukesh Ambani to foray into aviation sector? May buy stake in Jet, bailout Maharaja
- Pawan Hans follows Air India into divestment turbulence as election intervenes
- Bankruptcy proceedings threat complicates matters for lenders' Jet Airways rescue efforts
- Subhash Chandra's brother sells Essel Propack stake; not to bail out Essel Group