Maboe, 43, and her son Motsamai, 6, are HIV positive. They now receive regular treatment close to home through the Vodafone Foundations mobile treatment programme in Lesotho. The programme combines Vodafone’s M-Pesa mobile money service with travelling clinics and a smartphone app which enables the tracking of patients in remote areas. The Vodafone Foundations travelling clinics use a fleet of 4 x 4 vehicles to provide on-site HIV testing in remote areas as part of a wider effort to provide basic primary healthcare.
Dec 1, 2016
Vodafone Foundation helps save mothers’ and children’s lives in one of the world’s worst HIV hotspots
- Truecaller users' data available for sale: Rs 1.5lakh for Indian users' info
- Sony PS5 vs PS4 Pro: An upgrade every gamer dreams of
- Redmi Note 7S price in India confuses buyers: Is it worth buying?
- Huawei ban explained: Everything you need to know in five points
- Over 49 million Instagram accounts exposed: Celebs, influencers private info leaked