Science & Health
The brightest flash in the universe measured so far – known as ASASSN-15lh – was thought to be caused by an extremely bright supernova, but it was actually a supermassive black hole ripping apart a nearby star, scientists say. This is a very rare event as the star has to be at just the right distance from the black hole to be torn apart by it but not vanish inside the event horizon, or the destruction would be invisible.
Dec 16, 2016
Researchers have found evidence of ice on the dwarf planet of Ceres. The planet, which is located in the asteroid belt between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter, has an upper surface rich in hydrogen with higher concentrations at mid-to-high latitudes, scientists believe.
Dec 16, 2016
- From luxury yachts to fancy watches, Vijay Mallya no longer owns fabled assets
- Rajasthan Assembly election: Congress set to form govt with majority, says Sachin Pilot
- India vs Australia: Twitter mocks Ravi Shastri for controversial b**ls statement on national television
- Nissan Kicks SUV: Interior, engine specifications and bookings details revealed
- Will China's Chang'e-4 mission to dark side of moon encounter extraterrestrial aliens?
- India fourth highest emitter of carbon dioxide; China on top of the list: Study
- Mammoth asteroid more than a mile wide heading toward earth, NASA warns
- NASA's Voyager 2 has left the Solar System! Second Earth-made object to reach Interstellar space
- NASA tweets out tips on how to rescue Tony Stark adrift in space