Science & Health
EmDrive inventor Roger Shawyer explains to IBTimes UK everything you need to know about the controversial space propulsion technology that is setting the global scientific community alight.
Nov 4, 2016
Incredible images showing the pillars of destruction have been released by the European Southern Observatory (ESO). Huge towers of gas and dust within the Carina Nebula are being studied to better understand star formation – and analysis of the images shows how the stars appear to be destroying their creators. Scientists used the Muse instrument on the ESOs Very Large Telescope to take thousands of images of the Carina Nebula, located 7,500 light years away.
Nov 2, 2016
If humans could see radiowaves then this is what the night sky would look like. For the first time scientists have imaged 300,000 galaxies using a telescope deep in the Australian outback, colouring the images to make the radiowaves visible to humans.
Oct 27, 2016
The undiscovered Planet Nine could be responsible for the unusual six-degree tilt of the Sun, according to a new study. The suggestions is that the large planet, 10 times the size of Earth, may be adding a wobble to the solar system which gives the appearance that the sun is titled slightly.
Oct 20, 2016
- Will China's Chang'e-4 mission to dark side of moon encounter extraterrestrial aliens?
- Was California initially an island as shown in old Spanish, Japanese and English maps?
- Experimental HIV vaccine found effective in monkeys: Study
- NASA's Voyager 2 has left the Solar System! Second Earth-made object to reach Interstellar space
- NASA tweets out tips on how to rescue Tony Stark adrift in space