Science & Health
On 14 November, a mega supermoon will appear in the night sky closer to Earth than it has been at any point in the last 68 years. This close time frame has not been witnessed since 1948 and it won’t happen again until 25 November, 2034.
Nov 10, 2016
EmDrive inventor Roger Shawyer explains to IBTimes UK everything you need to know about the controversial space propulsion technology that is setting the global scientific community alight.
Nov 4, 2016
Incredible images showing the pillars of destruction have been released by the European Southern Observatory (ESO). Huge towers of gas and dust within the Carina Nebula are being studied to better understand star formation – and analysis of the images shows how the stars appear to be destroying their creators. Scientists used the Muse instrument on the ESOs Very Large Telescope to take thousands of images of the Carina Nebula, located 7,500 light years away.
Nov 2, 2016
If humans could see radiowaves then this is what the night sky would look like. For the first time scientists have imaged 300,000 galaxies using a telescope deep in the Australian outback, colouring the images to make the radiowaves visible to humans.
Oct 27, 2016
- Big Bang theory wrong? Universe itself exists inside a gigantic higher dimensional black hole
- Donald Trump does not believe in alien existence amid regular UFO sightings report by Navy officers
- Alien-like creature that looks like elf caught on CCTV camera; video goes viral
- Ice Age mystery: 40,000-year-old severed wolf head discovered in Siberia and it's surprisingly big
- Cyclone Vayu: Storm set to hit Gujarat coast tomorrow, over 3 lakh people to be evacuated