Science & Health
Astronomers have obtained observations of the smallest asteroid ever characterised in detail – at 2m in diameter. Interestingly, the asteroid, named 2015 TC25, is also one of the brightest near-Earth asteroids ever discovered. This animation shows a time-lapse of how radar images were obtained of the tiny asteroid during its close fly-by.
Dec 1, 2016
Unistellars patent-pending light amplification technology enables conventional telescopes to pick out distant star clusters and galaxies in finer detail
Dec 1, 2016
Curiosity launched on 26 November 2011. After landing on the Red Planet in 2012, it began to churn out discoveries about Mars’ history and present conditions. The mission has now been extended for at least two more years. It will spend the time climbing Mount Sharp on Mars to explore new areas of the planet.
Nov 24, 2016
- Is insect Armageddon under way? Entomologists up in arms
- Russian scientists spot mysterious explosions on Earth's atmosphere; alien debate on
- Elon Musk reveals the cost for a Mars round trip, says affordable
- Man made catastrophe awaits? Elon Musk's Tesla Starman could collide with earth
- NASA declares end of Opportunity rover's mission on Mars