The family of Otto Warmbier announced on Monday (19 June) that the American student who was recently freed from detention in North Korea, died. The 22-year-old University of Virginia student had been in a coma since he returned from Pyongyang, where he was held for 17 months.US President Donald Trump denounced North Korea as a brutal regime following the death of Warmbier.Warmbier traveled to the reclusive state as a tourist in January 2016 and as he was leaving, he was arrested for allegedly stealing a political propaganda sign from a hotel in Pyongyang. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison with hard labour after a televised tearful public confession.
Jun 20, 2017
Trouble for Lalu and clan: I-T Dept attaches properties of wife Rabri, daughter Misa and son Tejaswi
A number of armed burglars attempted to burgle a house in Sarasota, Florida on 15 June, but were chased from the property by the machete-wielding homeowner. CCTV footage shows the burglars, armed with shotgun, machete and a crowbar, attempt to rob the victim in his backyard. He is then seen rushing inside the house, before emerging with a machete of his own. He then chases most of the burglars away, as well as disarming and fighting another.
Jun 19, 2017
IBTimes UK interviews Nooralhaq Nasimi, director and founder of Londons Afghanistan and Central Asian Association.
Jun 19, 2017
16 hours ago
- Maharashtra: 4 killed, 11 injured in explosion at Pulgaon Army depot in Wardha district
- Jammu and Kashmir: Four militants, soldier killed in Shopian encounter
- Chicago hospital shooting leaves 4 dead, including police officer and gunman
- Guzman trial: El Chapo bribed Mexican presidents, says former deputy
- Mohanlal's comment on #MeToo movement: This is what netizens say about Odiyan star's remark
- Flat-earthers gather for international conference even as NASA debunks their theory
- India signs $500 million deal for two stealth frigates from Russia
- Aliens or Illuminati? Conspiracy theorists allege outlandish causes behind California fire
- Milad Un Nabi 2018 date, wishes, significance and history