How Shami Witness and Other Pro-ISIS Activists are Propagating Militant Group's Ideologies on Twitter
Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis Allows Inquiry Against Ajit Pawar, Sunil Tatkare in Irrigation Scam
From Traditional Michael Jackson to Modern Shakuntala, Fort Kochi Gets New Look with 'Guess Who' Graffiti [PHOTOS]
New Delhi/ Faizabad/ Mumbai, Dec 12 (ANI): Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik sparked a controversy when he said that Ram temple should be built in Ayodhya soon as "it is the wish of Indian citizens." His comments come at a time when outrage is still prevailing over the issue of religious conversions. While the BJP and Shiv Sena defended Naik, other parties slammed the governor and demanded his resignation.
Dec 12, 2014
New Delhi, Dec 12 (ANI): The United Nations General Assembly adopted an India-led resolution declaring June 21 as 'International Yoga Day'. This comes less than three months after Prime Minister Narendra Modi proposed the idea. This is also for the first time that such an initiative has been proposed and implemented by any country in the UN body in less than 90 days. Reacting on the same, BJP President Amit Shah congratulated the UN and Modi for the same and said that it is a big achievement for India. He said that this initiative will take the ancient Indian science to new heights. The UNGA resolution said a goal of the Yoga Day is the "wider dissemination of information about the benefits of practising yoga would be beneficial for the health of the world population."
Dec 12, 2014
- Mann Kaur: 102-year-old 'miracle' woman throws mean javelin, eyes more athletics medals
- Indian govt develops own game app in bid to counter rising cyber crimes against children
- Rajasthan elections 2018: Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra quits BJP; says 'choosing the lotus was a mistake'
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan decries 'arrogant' India for cancelling foreign ministers' meet
- Nibiru or Sun's reflection? Red second Sun glowing behind clouds sparks imminent apocalypse fear
- US to make immigration even tougher; proposes rule to deny visa for immigrants on public aid
- Kerala nun rape case: Bishop Franco Mulakkal hospitalised after complaining of chest pain
- Militants abduct, kill three policemen in Jammu and Kashmir's Shopian
- West Bengal: 2 students killed in clash with police over hiring of teachers; BJP calls for 12-hour-bandh