People in London look the most miserable in their selfies while strong smiles are found in Sao Paulo and Bangkok, says a researcher involved in setting up a London show about selfies. For its new exhibition Big Bang Data, Somerset House has commissioned Selfiecity London, a spotlight on 640 selfies selected out of a total of 152,462 public Instagram images taken in a single week in September in a 5km2 radius around the museum. The show opens to the public on Thursday (3 December).
Dec 4, 2015
The corruption scandal engulfing footballs governing body has widened, after a number of past or present FIFA officials were among 16 further people charged by US authorities on 3 December. The indictments, released by the US Department of Justice in Washington, came just hours after the arrests of two FIFA officials in dawn raids at a luxury hotel in Zurich.
Dec 4, 2015
15 hours ago
- Maharashtra: 4 killed, 11 injured in explosion at Pulgaon Army depot in Wardha district
- Jammu and Kashmir: Four militants, soldier killed in Shopian encounter
- Chicago hospital shooting leaves 4 dead, including police officer and gunman
- Guzman trial: El Chapo bribed Mexican presidents, says former deputy
- Mohanlal's comment on #MeToo movement: This is what netizens say about Odiyan star's remark
- India signs $500 million deal for two stealth frigates from Russia
- Aliens or Illuminati? Conspiracy theorists allege outlandish causes behind California fire
- Flat-earthers gather for international conference even as NASA debunks their theory
- Milad Un Nabi 2018 date, wishes, significance and history