Around 200 people demonstrated outside 10 Downing Street on 13 December, calling on the UK government to do more to help the people of Aleppo, Syria. Forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad say they have control of 98% of the city, and the Russian ambassador to the United Nations (UN), Vitaly Churkin said that military action in the area has ceased. Concern remains, however, for the tens of thousands still trapped in besieged areas of Aleppo, with the UN reporting that pro-government forces had been summarily killing civilians.
Dec 14, 2016
Supreme Court comes down in favour of Kejriwal argument: 'Elected government needs some powers to function'
Donald Trump is set to meet America's tech leaders, and they're going to give him a hard time on immigration reform, Muslim surveillance
War in Yemen: US blocks arms sales to Saudi Arabia citing civilian deaths; is this the start of a changing equation?
- Swine flu (H1N1) alert in Bengaluru as SAP confirms two positive cases
- Who is Amulya Leona, 19-year-old who chanted 'Pakistan Zindabad' at anti-CAA protest?
- 'Bam bam bole': Devotees throng temples to offer prayers on Mahashivratri in Kashmir
- Lucknow student's murder: Ex-MLA's son arrested, CCTV camera shows victim stabbed multiple times
- Watch | Man with family witnesses multiple UFOs in Pennsylvania; alien disclosure near?