Political turmoil in Gambia has driven about 45,000 people, mainly children, to flee into Senegal since 1 January, the U.N. refugee agency UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) said.
Jan 23, 2017
DroneShield's Drone Gun kept the skies above the World Economic Forum in Davos clear of UAV intruders
Battle for Mosul: Notorious ISIS 'torturer', Abdulrahman, who specialized in attacking women, is killed in gun battle
India's Russian-built Kudankulam nuclear power plant's Unit 2 reaches full capacity, more tests to follow
Nineteen buildings were simultaneously demolished in the central Chinese city of Wuhan on Saturday night (21 January) to make space for newer ones. The residential tower blocks went down in just ten seconds according to state broadcaster CCTV. The buildings were between seven and 12 storeys tall and totalled 150,000 square meters. It took five tonnes of explosives to level them. Vehicles patrolled the perimeter of the demolition zone, spraying the site with water to reduce the amount of dust generated by the fall, CCTV added.
Jan 23, 2017
- Egypt's Mohamed Morsi dies during court trial; Muslim Brotherhood calls for protests
- Ex- army man tries to rape daughter, shoots at her after she refuses
- Bengal man tortures mother over a property dispute, brands her 'witch'
- No more steel flyover in Bengaluru, Karnataka government revokes project
- YSRCP lawmaker threatens to demolish Chandrababu Naidu's Amaravati home