Science & Health
Rice flour - 1 cup
A pinch of Salt
Hot Water - 1 cup
A little Water
Jaggery - 1 cup
Grated fresh Coconut - 1 cup
A few Cardamom pods
1. To make the dough, add salt to rice flour and knead a dough with hot water.
2. For the filling: take a little water in a pot, and add jaggery to it and let it melt. After it melts, strain the jaggery syrup to remove impurities.
3. Add the coconut to the strained jaggery syrup. Pound some fresh cardamom and add it.
4. Cook it till all the moisture evaporates and it reaches a thick consistency. Let is cool.
5. Take a little dough and make a round ball by rolling it. Grease your palm, either with ghee or oil.
Flatten the dough, place some filling in the center and close it from all sides sealing it. It should look like a dumpling.
6. Make a bunch of these, place it in the steamer and steam the modak for about 10-15 minutes.
Remove from steamer and serve.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Aug 28, 2014
- Tamil Nadu: DMK to stage state-wide protest against AIADMK on Oct 3 and 4
- Bishop Mulakkal taken for reconstruction of crime scene
- Mann Kaur: 102-year-old 'miracle' woman throws mean javelin, eyes more athletics medals
- Indian govt develops own game app in bid to counter rising cyber crimes against children
- Aggressive octopuses were given Ecstasy and they started behaving very human-like
- NASA sent a balloon into space over North Pole - this is what they found
- Astronomers find Spock's home planet Vulcan?
- Russia doesn't want a 'second fiddle role' in joint lunar orbit space station project with US
- Antenna in a can: These transceivers could be sprayed on to any surface