President Barack Obama belted out the song Purple Rain as he handed treats to a child dressed as Prince at the White House trick or treat party on 31 October. President Obama and Michelle Obama greeted thousands of children for the holiday event, starting off with a dance to Michael Jacksons song Thriller. The Obamas then handed out sweets to the children who were mostly pupils from local schools or children from military families.
Nov 1, 2016
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has reinforced her innocence and welcomed the FBI to look at the emails in the latest twist of the private server scandal. She told supporters she was confident that the FBI would reach the same conclusion as it did, that there were no grounds for an charges.
Nov 1, 2016
Clinton email scandal: James Comey chose not to point out Russian influence in election due to 'timing'
The FBI have obtained a warrant needed to begin reviewing emails found on a laptop used by Hillary Clinton aid Huma Abedin. Metadata from a laptop, used by Huma and estranged husband Anthony Weiner, indicates emails were sent via Clintons private server. FBI director James Comeys letter announcing the new inquiry to Congress has caused political uproar. He has been criticised by Democrats, Republicans and the Justice Department. Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid has even suggested that Comey may have broken The Hatch Act, a law preventing government officials from influencing elections.
Oct 31, 2016
Anthony Weiner sexting scandal: FBI to investigate Huma Abedin emails linked to Hillary Clinton private email server
Thousands of South Koreans called for the resignation of President Park Geun-hye during protests in Seoul. She is accused of letting a friend intervene in state affairs.Long-time confidante Choi Soon-sil is said to have been involved in editing Park’s speeches and the appointment of ministers.Park has publicly apologised. Her approval rating has fallen to 17 percent, the lowest since she took office in 2013.
Oct 30, 2016
Icelanders cast their votes in a parliamentary election, with polls showing the opposition led by the anti-establishment Pirate Party could topple the ruling centre-right coalition.
Oct 29, 2016
1 day ago
- India vs West Indies: Shimron Hetmeyer scores hundred to hand hosts a tough chase
- End of 'Good Times'? Embattled tycoon Vijay Mallya might lose swanky London mansion
- Delhi sees a dramatic dip in murders and thefts; police claim a 20-75% drop in crime rate
- Uttar Pradesh: Monkeys stone man to death; victim's family files FIR against them
- India's stinging reply to Imran Khan's Kashmir tweet: Stop 'glorifying terrorists'
- Kim Jong Un has splurged $4 billion on luxury goods since he assumed office, what did he buy?
- Who is Noor Inayat Khan? Indian-origin spy and World War II hero may feature on £50 note
- Uttar Pradesh on high alert for Zika virus; AAI to monitor passengers showing symptoms
- Are India's super-rich and teeming tribe of millionaires paying all their taxes?