French President François Hollande said, on 1 December, he would not run for a second term in office during the presidential election in 2017. It is the first time in decades that an incumbent French president has not sought re-election but Hollande is the most unpopular president on record.
Dec 2, 2016
Patrick Lloyd McCrory is an American politician and the 74th Governor of North Carolina – and has been in office since 2013. He has been making headlines in recent weeks after losing the election to rival Attorney General Roy Cooper on 8 November and is refusing to concede, referring to the vote as fraudulent.
Dec 3, 2016
Pranab Mukherjee, Suresh Prabhu, Karunanidhi and other leaders wish for Jayalalithaa's speedy recovery
Austria’s polling stations have closed following the presidential elections on 4 December. The first projection put independent candidate Alexander Van der Bellen at 53.6%, ahead of far-right Freedom Party’s Norbert Hofer with 46,4%. 6.4 million Austrians were asked to cast their vote again following the annulment of the first election in April because of irregularities in the postal votes.The final election results are expected within the next two days.
Dec 4, 2016
Jayalalithaa critical after suffering cardiac arrest, back in emergency ward and on extracorporeal membrane heart assist device
- Did Nostradamus predict World War 3, Narendra Modi's return in 2019?
- Upcoming Blood Moon in January could mark beginning of apocalypse, claims Christian pastor
- Devastating earthquake could jolt the planet this weekend, researcher warns authorities
- How did Sachin Pilot and Sara Abdullah meet? A love story that goes beyond religion and politics
- Mysterious UFO spotted near SpaceX dragon before interruption in live feed