Whom should people sympathise with, the Army or stone-pelters?: Venkaiah Naidu says defending Army Chief
Former US President Barack Obama said on Thursday (May 25) he was concerned about how technology advances had made it easier for people to retreat into our own bubbles. In his first speech in Europe since leaving the White House, he also warned against taking peace and prosperity for granted.
May 26, 2017
In a speech during the campaign trail for the upcoming German elections, Chancellor Angela Merkel announced that she believes Europe should look after itself and not rely on others, for example the US or UK. I can only say that we Europeans must really take our fate into our own hands, Merkel said one day after the end of the G7 summit in Sicily.
May 28, 2017
Acknowledging Kashmir issue a challenge for Modi govt, Rajnath says Centre will come up with 'permanent solution'
Sri Lanka floods: Thankfully, Indian media did not go on a PR overdrive as it had during Nepal quake
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has taken full responsibility for soldiers actions on Mindanao island. He declared martial law on the island currently engulfed in fighting between soldiers and Islamist militants. Duterte warned soldiers not to rape women and told them to shoot anyone resisting arrest. Human rights groups warn martial law could lead to abuse by security forces. Isis-affiliated extremists took control of parts of the city of Marawi earlier in the week. At least 80 people have been killed in the fighting so far and many civilians have been displaced.
May 27, 2017
- Upcoming Blood Moon in January could mark beginning of apocalypse, claims Christian pastor
- Astronomer captures UFO flying above moon's surface; alien debate on (VIDEO)
- India's death penalty problem: Speed up executions or rethink on judicial murder?
- Mumbai hospital fire: Death toll rises to 8; ESIC Kamgar Hospital operated without fire NOC
- How did Sachin Pilot and Sara Abdullah meet? A love story that goes beyond religion and politics