Farm loan waiver was a marquee offer by Kumaraswamy. But he ran into trouble with the coalition partner over this. The CM has managed to deliver a Rs 34,000 crore loan waiver in the Karnataka budget, but is that enough? Farmers have been demanding waiver of all loans, which runs into a whopping Rs 1.14 lakh crore.
Jul 5, 2018
Karnataka Budget 2018 highlights: Homeland security university in Shivamogga, Film City in Ramanagara
- 'I literally said my last goodbyes' says US hiker whose life was saved by Apple Watch
- Hong Kong officially withdraws controversial extradition bill after months of protests
- Pakistani singer dons suicide vest, threatens PM Modi; Twitter calls her out for insensitivity
- Awantipora encounter: Hamid Lelhari, Zakir Musa's successor, killed in J&K
- Big bonanza for farmers: Govt hikes MSP for rabi crops from 50% to 109%
- Is India the new China? Sitharaman eyes blueprint for firms fleeing trade war
- Why is the world watching for Prime Minister Modi's response to Walmart letter?
- Govt plans to merge loss-making state telecoms firms BSNL and MTNL; here's why
- Urban Ladder co-founder Rajiv Srivatsa steps down