For some this is the sound of progress. The coal mining industry is booming in India where a new mine is opened every month. In their push to compete on the global stage, Asian countries like India are increasingly looking to coal to power their economies and feed their growing energy demands. Officials in Indias coal ministry said despite a push for renewable energy sources, coal will continue to win out.
Nov 21, 2015
The European Central Bank is ready to act quickly to boost anaemic inflation in the euro zone, its president Mario Draghi said on Friday (20 November), highlighting changes to its asset purchase programme and deposit rate as possible tools. Draghis comments offered the strongest hint yet that the ECB will unveil fresh stimulus measures at its 3 December meeting to stop inflation from falling further below its target of just under 2 percent.
Nov 20, 2015
- After MiG-29, Indian Air force to procure additional squadron of Su 30 MKI jets
- Post-Pulwama: Govt allows air travel for jawans of CRPF, other forces in J&K
- J&K govt withdraws security cover of Shah Faesal and Mehbooba Mufti aide, among others
- Dhaka fire: At least 70 killed in major blaze in Chawkbazar, toll likely to rise
- What's Anil Ambani's net worth? Quicksilver erosion of $43 bln over a forgettable decade
- Saudi Aramco in talks with Reliance to ramp up oil sector investments
- Major boost to govt exchequer as RBI approves Rs 28,000 crore interim dividend
- Rupee weakened against dollar in choppy weekly trade
- Pulwama terror attack: Traders cautious as geopolitical pressures rise amid political rhetoric