The European Commission alleges that that the US tech giant Apple received illegal state aid from Ireland. It now faces the largest tax penalty ever to be paid in Europe, â‚¬13bn (Â£11.1bn). The commission have claimed that the Irish government provided a deal to Apple in return for job creation in Ireland, which was unfair as it allowed Apple to pay less tax than rival firms.
Aug 30, 2016
Most Instagrammed airports in the world: Check out the 8 most popular airports on Instagram [PHOTOS]
EpiPen maker Mylan says will release cheaper generic version of drug to be priced at $300 in several weeks
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recommends that all blood donated in the United States and its territories be tested for Zika virus, as it moves to prevent transmission of the virus through the blood supply. The current Zika outbreak was first detected in Brazil last year and has since spread across the Americas. In Brazil, Zika has been linked to more than 1,800 cases of microcephaly, and U.S. officials expect as many as 270 cases in Puerto Rico, where local transmission of the virus is widespread. Testing of donated blood is underway in Florida, Puerto Rico, as well as in other areas of the United States, and has been proven helpful in finding infected donations.
Aug 27, 2016
- Anil Ambani's RCom in limbo as deal with Mukesh's Jio snaps; court cases drag on
- SpiceJet to give hiring preference to employees of Jet Airways: Chairman
- Mukesh Ambani to foray into aviation sector? May buy stake in Jet, bailout Maharaja
- Good Friday break for equities, forex, commodities, and bond markets
- Pawan Hans follows Air India into divestment turbulence as election intervenes