Scientists have for the first time shown the specific mutations that make smoking cause cancer. By analysing the genomes of 5,243 tumours, an international team of researchers identified mutations associated with tobacco smoke , cancers showed signature characteristics if the tissue involved had been exposed to smoke.
Nov 3, 2016
- Anil Ambani's RCom in limbo as deal with Mukesh's Jio snaps; court cases drag on
- Mukesh Ambani to foray into aviation sector? May buy stake in Jet, bailout Maharaja
- Pawan Hans follows Air India into divestment turbulence as election intervenes
- Bankruptcy proceedings threat complicates matters for lenders' Jet Airways rescue efforts
- Subhash Chandra's brother sells Essel Propack stake; not to bail out Essel Group