Scientists have found out that calcium in our bones regulates the cells that orchestrate bone growth. This finding is important because it could affect treatment for certain conditions such as face deformities – for example, diseases of too little bone growth, such as Treacher Collins Syndrome (TCS). The researchers hope that their efforts to pinpoint the key signals that trigger proper bone growth can help these patients to avoid painful face reconstruction surgeries. One option could be the implantation of a biodegradable matrix seeded with bone cells called chondrocytes, which would then be stimulated to release collagen, the blueprint for bone growth.
Oct 6, 2016
Housing and infrastructure projects are set for a significant boost from UK chancellor Philip Hammond.
Oct 6, 2016
Flipkart, Snapdeal, Amazon Festival Sale: Worst mistakes you would be doing and smart solutions to avoid it
11 minutes ago
- Fraud-hit PNB suffers biggest ever quarterly loss for an Indian bank
- Oil prices boosted by news China, U.S. put trade war 'on hold'
- Reliance Communications' settlement with Ericsson over dues unlikely for now: Report
- Fraud-hit PNB rapped for not making timely regulatory disclosures
- CBI charges former PNB head, 21 others in bank fraud case