Over 100 protesters gathered to take action over a pay dispute.
Nov 25, 2016
Researchers have used historical data of human embryos to create a three-dimensional, interactive database that provides valuable insights into early human development. Due to modern limits on studying human embryos, current textbooks are usually based on old articles and information, often published more than 100 years ago. Independently verifying the historical information can be challenging. Here, Bernadette de Bakker analysed nearly 15,000 samples from the Carnegie Collection of human embryonic specimens, creating a three-dimensional digital atlas and database spanning the first two months of human development.The team identified and labelled about 150 organs and structures, establishing changes in the position of organs and clarifying current ambiguities. Using this new model, they identified consistent differences between human embryo development and that of mouse and chicken embryos, which are often used as models to study mammalian embryo development.
Nov 25, 2016
Scientists from The Scripps Research Institute in America have found that greedier fruit flies nap for longer if they have eaten more food. Not only did they prove a food coma, but they found that protein and salt consumption also affected how sleepy the flies were.
Nov 24, 2016
- WhatsApp 'Suspicious Link Indicator' feature launch imminent: Now available in beta for Android
- Selena Gomez birthday: What's The Weeknd's plan for the former flame?
- Iranian President issues warning to Trump, threatens 'mother of all wars'
- Why do people believe outlandish conspiracy theories and obvious hoaxes?
- OnePlus eyeing new HQ in India; R&D centre likely in Bengaluru or Hyderabad
- Skytrax World Airline Awards: Singapore Airlines named world's best for 2018
- New hurdle for Vodafone-Idea merger as telecom department rejects request
- Q1 profits of Federal Bank up by 25 percent, beat estimates
- Microsoft shares have risen 180 percent since Satya Nadella took over as chief executive