Samsungs mass recall of the Galaxy Note 7 smartphones worldwide over faulty batteries may cut the Korean companys 2016 second-half operating profit by about 820bn won ($738m, Â£554m) as per an analyst report. Another report says the total cost borne the company could well amount to $1bn. The company announced a global recall of the recently launched Note 7 smartphone last week after receiving close to 35 official complaints of malfunctioning most of which were related to batteries that caught fire while being charged.
Sep 8, 2016
Khat Sabha fiasco: Rahul Gandhi takes a swipe at BJP, compares cot-stealing villagers to Vijay Mallya
- Good Friday break for equities, forex, commodities, and bond markets
- Reliance to sell 25% in refining business to Aramco to pare Rs 3 lakh crore debt?
- Jet Airways gets a lifeline, airline likely to get Rs 1000 crore on Monday
- Jet Airways lenders may be facing dilemma of writing off 80% dues or losing 100% loans
- Jet Airways to temporarily shut operations tonight, last flight at 10.30 pm