A new study has revealed that in humans, the part of the brain that’s responsible for face recognition continues to grow into adulthood. The results are surprising, since brain development is largely thought to involve synaptic pruning, rather than growth.
Jan 6, 2017
Bajaj Auto workers' union threatens hunger strike at Akurdi plant in Pune over 'anti-worker activities'
A ‘next generation’ vaccine for malaria has shown success in its first human trial. The phase 1 study saw a strong immune response in 10 healthy volunteers. The vaccine was created by genetically engineering the malaria parasite to make it weaker. Scientist removed the three genes needed for it to successfully infect and cause disease in humans. None of the participants developed malaria symptoms, and showed a strong protective antibody response.
Jan 5, 2017
- Cyclone Gaja LIVE updates: Rescue personnel on standby as storm set to reach TN coast by evening
- GSLV Mk III: ISRO launches India's heaviest rocket from Sriharikota
- Drunk Irish passenger assaults Air India cabin crew for not serving more wine
- Twitter storm rages over US President Donald Trump's Diwali tweet
- Ashok Leyland stock turmoil seen only in the short term
- Jet Airways to sell 6 Boeing 777 aircraft in a bid to fly out of debt turbulence
- Merger of Jet Airways and Tata SIA Airlines on cards as talks pick up pace
- Vodafone Idea posts quarterly loss, to raise $3.5 billion
- RBI, FinMin unlikely to be influenced by IMF's change of heart towards cryptocurrencies