Chennai, Nov 23 (ANI): Father of newly-crowned World Chess Champion praised Viswanathan Anand and said that Magnus Carlsen has learnt a lot from him. Magnus Carlsen became the world champion as Game 10 of the chess championship ended in a draw in Chennai. Father of Magnus Carlsen, Henrik Carlsen expressed happiness and said everything has come out in the best possible way. While talking to the mediapersons after the match, Henrik Carlsen praised Anand and said Magnus had learnt a lot from him.
Nov 23, 2013
Chennai, Nov 23 (ANI): Norwegian challenger Magnus Carlsen became the World Chess Champion after defeating Indian grandmaster and five-time title holder, Viswanathan Anand. While speaking to media persons in Chennai, Carlsen said that he was honoured to play against Anand, who had been the champion for so long. He also spoke about his game during the World Chess Championship. Meanwhile, a visibly disappointed Anand, who for the first time failed to win even a single match in a championship, congratulated Carlsen for his victory.
Nov 23, 2013
- Drunk Irish passenger assaults Air India cabin crew for not serving more wine
- US President Trump extols close ties to India, PM Modi; says trade deals 'moving along'
- US Open champion Naomi Osaka revamps her garage with 2018 Nissan GT-R Nismo
- Who was Stan Lee? Here's all about the creator of Spider-Man, Avengers and X-Men
- ATP Finals 2018 semi-final scenario: How can Roger Federer qualify for last-four round
- Khaleel Ahmed speaks about the influence of Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni and the Australian tour
- Hong Kong Open 2018: Badminton live stream, TV listings and draw preview
- Ravi Shastri's 'best Indian team' comment not a great thing to say, puts pressure on Virat Kohli's men: Steve Waugh
- It's like Team India without Kohli: Ganguly speaks about absence of Smith, Warner from Australia side