New Delhi, Nov 29 (ANI): The 7th Annual Tamchon Football tournament, a 15-day carnival of football and cultural extravaganza, was inaugurated on November 16 at Dr. Ambedkar Stadium in New Delhi. A total of 16 teams comprising of players from different northeastern states are participating in the tournament to promote peace, friendship and unity among the youth of the country. The event has been organized under the aegis of Tanghkul Naga Society Delhi with support from various government and private agencies. During the opening day ceremony, young artists from Tripura performed a harvest dance. Donny J from Assam enthralled the audience with his melodious voice. Later, choreography was also performed by Donny, along with his group. The main attraction on the opening day of the tournament was a match between Zeliangrong Football Club (ZFC) and SSPP (FC). Good skills complimented by intense competition between the teams were witnessed on the ground.
Nov 29, 2013
Mumbai, Nov 29 (ANI): Iconic Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar has taken over as UNICEF first brand ambassador for South Asia to support the organisation's work in promoting hygiene and sanitation in the region. The 40-year-old cricketer, who has been involved with the organisation for almost a decade has been named its ambassador for two years on Thursday. The legend was shocked by the statistics on the high number of children dying due to lack of hygiene. Sachin enlisted dangers of not washing hands after defecation and before eating.
Nov 29, 2013
- Senior Flipkart executives in job hunt overdrive after Binny Bansal's exit
- North Korea 'tests high-tech new weapon,' Kim Jong Un 'excited' about its power
- Taylor Swift travels inside suitcases carried by her security team, says Zayn Malik
- NASA opens up on Oumuamua, conspiracy theorists insist on alien technology angle
- Novak Djokovic vs Marin Cilic: ATP Finals 2018 tennis live stream, TV guide & start time
- India vs Australia: Mike Hussey speaks about India's big miss; speaks about the threat of Virat Kohli
- Rohit Sharma tweets about Joe Root's gesture over security concerns in Sri Lanka
- Faf du Plessis warns Australia against riling up Virat Kohli, opens up about 'silent treatment'
- Hong Kong Open 2018: Badminton live stream, TV listings and draw preview