Science & Health
SpaceX recorded a second successful at-sea rocket landing on 6 May, when its Falcon-9 booster touched down on a drone ship off the Florida coast. The rocket was used to launch a commercial communications satellite for SKY Perfect, a Japanese network.
May 6, 2016
Nasaâ€™s Hubble telescope has captured an unprecedented view of the galactic core, the rotational centre of the Milky Way galaxy. A new video released by the Hubble team on 3 May shows how the telescopeâ€™s infrared camera allowed scientists to peer into the heart of our Milky Way, revealing more than half a million stars.
May 5, 2016
Star Wars: The Force Awakens star Daisy Ridley paid tribute to Nasaâ€™s first female launch director Charlie Blackwell-Thompson in a video published on 4 May. Ridley described Nasaâ€™s female employees as â€œheroicâ€ and said they â€œcontinually inspire girls to enter the space programme.â€
May 5, 2016
The European Space Agency launched a satellite on 25 April to track the progress of global warming, as part of its Copernicus project. The Sentinel-1B joins its identical twin, Sentinel-1A, in orbit to deliver information for various services, from monitoring ice in polar seas to tracking land subsidence, the ESA said. It will also respond to disasters such as floods.
Apr 26, 2016
How does a weightless man run on the spot while hurtling through space at 17,150mph? As the countdown continues to the London Marathon â€“ taking place on 24 April â€“ ESA astronaut Tim Peake London Marathon will perhaps have more reason to be nervous, as he prepares to run his version on the International
Apr 22, 2016
British astronaut Tim Peake said training was going well for his version of the London Marathon, which heâ€™ll run on a treadmill on the International Space Station (ISS). Peake made the comments in a question and answer session, which he showed off a harness that keeps him bolted to the treadmill on which he will run.
Apr 20, 2016
Astronauts on the International Space Station shared their view of the Auroras Borealis and Australis across the Earth in an ultra-high definition (UHD) 4K timelapse video published on 17 April. Nasa has partnered with technology company Harmonic since 2015 for a non-commercial UHD channel aimed at showing theâ€œbreathtaking beauty and grandeur of space.â€
Apr 19, 2016
Alpha Centauri mission: Stephen Hawking and Yuri Milner plan to send tiny spacecrafts to the stars
Apr 13, 2016
2 hours ago
- Reliance Jio closing in on rivals as it adds over 9 million users in March
- Roger Federer retirement: Tennis legend not keen on fairytale end to career
- Apple to refund iPhone's battery replacement cost in India: How to avail
- Rohingya insurgents massacred about 100 Hindus in Myanmar, says Amnesty International
- Anita Sengupta, brain behind NASA's Curiosity landing on Mars, repeats another feat now
- What is Sirenomelia? Indian baby with mermaid feature dies minutes after birth
- Was India once an alien hotspot? 10,000-year-old rock paintings say so
- Centuries-old, largest masonry wall in South India discovered in Mysuru
- New evidence suggests the existence of 'Planet Nine' somewhere beyond Pluto