A speech by Milo Yiannopoulos, who is an editor at far-right news website Breitbart News, was cancelled at the University of California, Berkeley on 1 February, after protesters opposed his appearance by setting fires and throwing objects at buildings. comma after Berkeley.
Feb 2, 2017
Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said on Thursday (2 February) he had spoken candidly with US President Donald Trump, but would not confirm a Washington Post report that Trump had berated him over a refugee swap deal and cut the telephone call short. The deal was agreed late last year between Australia, which has fought alongside US troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, and the administration of former President Barack Obama. As part of the deal, Washington agreed to resettle up to 1,250 asylum seekers held in offshore processing camps on tiny Pacific islands in Papua New Guinea and Nauru. In return, Australia would resettle refugees from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.
Feb 2, 2017
Punjab elections 2017: Why do Rahul Gandhi, Sukhbir Singh Badal believe Arvind Kejriwal is behind Maur Mandi bomb blast?
Lawmakers voted by 498 to 114 in favour of allowing the bill to progress to the next, more detailed legislative stage. Earlier they rejected an attempt to throw out the bill, proposed by pro-EU Scottish nationalists. Prime Minister Theresa Mays plan to take Britain out of the European Union easily cleared its first legislative hurdle on Wednesday (1 February) night, paving the way for the government to launch divorce talks by the end of March. Mays government is seeking approval for a new law giving her the right to trigger Article 50 of the EUs Lisbon Treaty - the legal process for leaving the bloc - after the Supreme Court ruled she could not take that decision unilaterally. The bill could complete the legislative process by 7 March.May wants to begin exit negotiations with the EU by 31 March, starting two years of talks that will define Britains economic and political future and test the unity of the EUs 27 remaining members.Despite presiding over a Conservative Party divided over staying in the EU, May, who campaigned for a Remain vote, secured almost unanimous support from her lawmakers for the legislation. The opposition Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn had also pledged his partys support for the bill at this stage, but 47 of his lawmakers defied his order and voted against the bill.
Feb 2, 2017
- MysteryBot malware alert: Facebook, WhatsApp and several banking apps potentially under attack
- Who is Sarah Ferguson? Will Duchess of York sit with Prince Andrew for Princess Eugenie's wedding?
- Meghan Markle adopts Princess Diana's nickname for Queen
- Nick Jonas-Priyanka Chopra dating: Delta Goodrem is devastated that ex-boyfriend is getting serious with Quantico actress
- Barack Obama's satanic image goes viral: Are Illuminati and Antichrist real?
- Tollywood sex racket gets murkier as 3 actresses questioned, fake letter heads used to invite stars
- Who is Modugumudi Kishan? The mastermind behind Tollywood sex racket in Chicago
- Tollywood sex racket: 2 top south actresses named in Chicago scandal involving Indian-origin couple
- ICICI Bank to finally boot out Chanda Kochhar? Sandeep Bakshi to be named CEO