Colombias Marxist National Liberation Army (ELN) rebels began official peace talks with the government on 7 February, in a bid to end their part in a five-decade conflict. The ELN is hoping to get an agreement like that negotiated with the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC). The negotiations will cover similar issues such as political participation, disarmament and compensation for victims.
Feb 8, 2017
A large fire destroyed more than 1,000 homes in Tondo, Manila, on the 7 February. The flames started near gate 7 in the Parola Compound and quickly spread to adjoining shanties, according to Senior Superintendent Wilberto Tiu. At least seven people were injured and more than 15,000 shanty town residents lost their homes.
Feb 8, 2017
PM Modi in Ghaziabad: 'Uttar Pradesh can become India's Uttam Pradesh if they choose the right government'
Social activists take law into their hands against murder suspect, corruption accused 'to teach them a lesson'
Assembly and municipal elections 2017: Will Congress-SP and Hardik Patel-Shiv Sena come together against PM Modi?
Tamil Nadu: AIADMK proposes, Sasikala disposes of Panneerselvam; Twitter rebounds with 'paneer' jokes
37 minutes ago
- Samsung could bring the world's first smartphone with 100 percent bezel-less design
- How to stop Ronaldo? Iran fans disturb Portugal players' sleep ahead of crunch World Cup tie
- Yo-yo debate: Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri back fitness test but former cricketers may make crucial call
- Fifa World Cup 2018: Egypt star Mo Salah to quit international football over Chechnya controversy?
- Ice candy seller arrested for abducting, raping and mutilating body of minor in Gwalior
- Who is Major Nikhil Handa? Obsessed Shailaja Dwivedi killer planned murder in detail
- Mumbai rains LIVE updates: Heavy to very heavy downpour predicted for the rest of June
- Strange alien UFO base with interdimensional portal hidden in Argentina, conspiracy theorists claim
- Shocking: Students in Kerala school welcome junior girls with open rape threats