New Delhi, Dec10 (ANI): The Narendra Modi government is thinking to confer the Bharat Ratna, India's highest civilian award, on former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. According to reports, a formal announcement in this regard is expected to be put in public domain on December 25 when the nation will celebrate Vajpaye's leader's 90th birthday. As per the reports available, the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government, which was voted to power this May, may bestow its first Bharat Ratna on Vajpayee on January 26 next year. Reacting over this veteran BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi said that no one deserves Bharat Ratna more than Vajpayee. Mathura MP and former Bollywood actress, Hema Malini, also echoed similar views. Shiv Sena leader Anant Geete said that his party wants Bharat Ratna to be awarded to the former prime minister. Meanwhile, the Congress said that there are also other personalities whose name should be considered.
Dec 10, 2014
Giridih, Dec 10 (ANI): BJP President Amit Shah on Wednesday while addressing a rally in Giridih district of Jharkhand assured that under Prime Minister Narendra Modi's leadership, Jharkhand will witness development. Taking a dig at Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, Shah said that Gandhi's rally has assured BJP's win in the upcoming assembly elections.
Dec 10, 2014
Japan's Secrecy Law Comes into Effect; 'Country will End up Like Russia, North Korea,' Say Protesters
- Sridevi's death: Dawood Ibrahim may have a hand in it, says retired ACP of Delhi Police
- Mid-air horror! NRI man masturbates at Indian woman, arrested on landing in Delhi
- Sridevi's death a planned murder, says retired ACP of Delhi Police
- Domestic help killed in Delhi for demanding salary, chopped up body found in drain
- Nipah virus outbreak: Centre sends NCDC team after 3 people die in Kerala