Eight people, including three children, were killed and 34 injured whe a bridge connecting two small islands near the Indonesian holiday island of Bali collapsed. The bridge is the only crossing between the islands of Nusa Ceningan and Nusa Lembongan. Reports indicate that the bridge was overloaded due to a religious ceremony taking place at a nearby temple.
Oct 17, 2016
Morning brief: Russia to invest about $500M in India, Syrian rebels capture Isis stronghold of Dabiq, Tyson Gay's daughter killed and more
- Javed Akhtar supports accused AAP leader Tahir Hussain, says targeted for his religious identity; receives backlash
- Delhi violence: 38 dead, over 200 injured; security forces remain on alert
- India suspends Visa on Arrival for South Korea, Japan nationals amid Coronavirus scare
- India, US officially sign $2.6 bn deal for Seahawk helicopter, Navy calls it 'force multiplier'
- BREAKING: Train rams into bus in Sukkur district of Sindh, Pakistan, killing 20; Many more being treated for injuries